The Family Resource Center (FRC) is a resource for all families and community members, and provides a central location for health, mental health, educational and recreational services for the Laytonville community. Most services are provided free of charge.
Not sure what you need or if we can help? Contact us!
Family Resource Center Services
Laytonville Healthy Start offers many opportunities for families including, but not limited to:
- Information, resource and referral (mental health services/counseling, alcohol and other drug services/counseling, Women, Infants & Children services, domestic violence, homelessness, homeless and foster child liaison services)
- General support and referral services for Laytonville and the surrounding area
- Parenting information, classes and resources (offered virtually or over the phone)
- Assistance with health insurance applications (Medi-Cal, Covered California), Food Stamps (Cal Fresh) applications, Disability applications
- Computer and internet access, WiFi and printing
- Self-Help Legal Access Center referrals
- Clothing, school supplies, emergency diapers and other basic needs assistance, low-cost car seat referrals
- Emergency Food Pantry/monthly Food Bank
- Senior Citizen Support – monthly luncheon and weekly Meals-on-Wheels during COVID-19
- Provide community meeting space
- Case management and inter-agency coordination
- Coordinate local programs/resources: Laytonville Skate Park, Long Valley Public Library/Book & Community Room, Long Valley Dance, Community Fitness Center, Laytonville Aikido group
- Healthy Start Coalition (our board)
Activities specifically for youth and teens include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Teen Empowerment (individual) and crisis support
- Connection to Youth Mentoring Opportunities
For a detailed listing of what we do, click here. Not sure if we can help? Contact us!